Whenever September comes around, even though it’s still hot where I live, I still want all the cinnamon spice this and that! Maybe I’m a sucker for the media telling me what I should crave, but that’s beside the point. Eventually I’ll share some healthy smoothies to replace those sugar-laden pumpkin spice lattes, but for now I’m in baking mode to prepare for a hurricane. So I’m sharing with you this awesome bread I made, using an amazing new egg substitute that I highly recommend you check out! From now on, I think this bread will probably remind me of hurricane season in the South!
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Bread
An Autumn sweet bread, using sweet ingredients
- 1.5 cups coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 vegan eggs
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 3/4 cup sprouted wheat flour, or regular all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- Cream sugar and coconut oil together.
- Add vegan egg and sweet potato puree and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the water.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for roughly 1 hour. (or test with a toothpick: place toothpick in center of loaf; it should come out with no batter attached).
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan to fully cool. Enjoy!