Whenever September comes around, even though it’s usually still hot where I live, I still want all the cinnamon spice this and that! Maybe I’m a sucker for the media telling me what I should crave, but that’s beside the point. This bread simplifies an old family traditional bread, using less ingredients, which means less time consuming… less clean-up…. but still delicious, moist and full of Fall goodness!! This recipe also integrates the safe integration of using quality essential oils safely in the kitchen! It works well for muffins as well.
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Bread
An Autumn sweet bread, using sweet ingredients
- 1.5 cups coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 3/4 cup sprouted spelt flour, or regular all purpose flour (I really love Simple Truth all purpose Gluten Free baking powder)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 drops of nutmeg essential oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- Cream sugar, nutmeg essential oil and coconut oil together.
- Add sweet potato puree and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the water.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for roughly 1 hour. (or test with a toothpick: place toothpick in center of loaf; it should come out with no batter attached).
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan to fully cool. Enjoy!