This recipe started as a spin on a delicious shake in traditional Indian cuisine. I find it to make the perfect sip for transitioning to “EVERYTHING IS PUMPKIN SPICE” season, while still residing in a hot, semi-tropical climate.
The key spice in this recipe is CARDAMOM! This singular use of a warming “carminative” provides a unique flavor, separating it from the Pumpkin Spice craze of Autumn. Paired with a juicy tropical fruit like mango gives it a perfect transition out of the Summer.
Vegan Mango Lassie
- 2-3 cups Frozen Mango Chunks
- 1 Tbsp Date Syrup (or 2 medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 10 minutes)
- 1 banana (optional)
- 2/3 cup or more Cashew or Coconut Milk
- 1/8 tsp cardamom (or more if desired)
- Place banana, cardamom, date syrup (or dates) and milk in the bottom of a Vitamix or similar blender (keep these ingredients closest to the BLADE of your blender)
- Place frozen mangos on top of bananas and milk (OR… furthest from the blade to avoid damage and extend the life of your blender)
- Blend until fairly smooth.
- Transfer and enjoy!