When my daughter started loving the flavor and consistency of mayonnaise, I got creative in my kitchen with cashews and made my own, without fancy ingredients. I have read a few other recipes and tried this in the past, but never for a seven year old. My goal was to disguise the fact that it was homemade, and to my surprise, she loved it, although she knew it wasn’t the store-bought vegan mayo. For nut allergies or SIBO nutritional needs, cashews in this recipe can easily be replaced with pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts and/or walnuts, but it will alter the flavor and texture accordingly.
Raw Vegan Cashew Mayonnaise
Oil Free, Vegan, Raw Vegan
- 1 1/3 cup cashews, soaked in water
- 3/4 cup distilled water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp coconut or date sugar
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (or 1 small fresh garlic clove)
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- In a high speed blender (I recommend Vitamix) combine soaked and softened cashews, water, and lemon juice until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining ingredients, and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Store in a mason jar for 2-3 weeks.