Adapted from a collard wrap recipe by Raw and Radiant, this light and healthy taco meat alternative boasts a fabulous texture and flavor! Use this low fat, raw vegan filling for your next “Taco Tuesday” night!
Raw Vegan Taco Meat
high on flavor and nutrition, low in fat and salt
- 7 sundried tomato halves
- 7 medjool dates
- 2 very large carrots, or 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 1Tbsp cumin
- 1Tbsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Soak sundried tomatoes and dates in water for 10 minutes.
- Strain water thoroughly. In a large food processor, process dates, sundried tomatoes, cumin and chili powder for about 30-45 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until desired texture is achieved.
- Enjoy! Use as a Taco Meat alternative!
Suggestions for raw vegan tacos: place a scoop in a romaine lettuce leaf, chard leaf, collard green or butter leaf lettuce, and top with salsa, avocado, scallions, sprouts, cucumbers, cashew-lime cream sauce, or macadamia nut cheese crumbles. Get creative with it!