My third born has no trouble expressing which baby food blend she loves. From her excitement over this simple blend of fruits, I decided to share on my blog! This sweet combination stores well in the refrigerator, has a favorable texture, and its sweet flavor makes feeding your baby powdered nutritives / herbs simple and fun! In fact, it’s so good, you may want to have some as a breakfast or snack for yourself!
Blueberries AND dates promote a healthy brain, heart, immune system and intestinal tract. Furthermore, dates, easily forgotten “super fruits,” are LOADED with important vitamins and minerals for healthy human development, such as potassium (almost HALF the RDA for small children) copper (30% RDA), vitamin B6 (25% RDA)… not to mention dates’ fiber content combined with blueberries will help keep your baby’s tummy happy. Give your baby a head start to health and wellness with this delicious and nutritious berry/date combination!
Blueberry Baby Blend
- 1 cup wild blueberries (choose organic!… I purchase bulk wild blueberries from my local Costco)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and soaked for about 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup water (or more for thinner texture)
- Place ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in a mason jar for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 4 servings.