“Change is the only constant.” – Heraclitus
Every time change comes, our bodies need grounding things inside us and around us to keep us more stable and secure in spite of whatever uncontrollable situation(s) around us. It is my opinion that mineral and nervous system weaknesses can easily become exasperated in times of change or stress. Why? Because minerals are ESSENTIAL for nerve transmission and overall function: minerals help keep our electrical firing & wiring system working properly. Our nervous system is put to the test when our bodies, emotions, or mind encounter stress. (anyone “”getting on your nerves”” literally as of lately?…). So when you need to be grounded physically, emotionally, spiritually you can get started by allowing nature’s mineral-rich foods from the ground equip you with the right nutrition on the inside as you encounter change and/or stress. This juice recipe below provides just that! It is a green juice, but appears in a beautiful purple hue from the lovely beets. (Royalty, anyone?)It truly is mineralizing yet energizing, to keep you plugging away at life’s demands and duties. I made this juice on Thanksgiving and sipped it throughout the day to help keep me hydrated and balanced, and grateful. Remember to integrate other holistic wellness practices and routines in your life to help you handle change with finesse, focus, and poise (chiropractic care, prayer, meditation, journaling, walking, aromatherapy, herbal preparations, quiet time, art, music, dancing…).
Added Bonuses to this juice:
- Helps reduce salt cravings from its high mineral content, and celery base.
- You can use this juice to reset your entire digestive tract as well. To do this, drink it on an empty stomach every morning for about 10 days and follow a Mucusless Diet.
- Nourishes your liver, kidneys, while providing important minerals that are lacking in most lesser-quality fruits from the supermarket.
- Helps promote collagen production for a healthy glow to your skin!
- Helps scrub your colon.
- Promotes healthy overall digestion
Getting Grounded Green Juice
Feel grounded in life with this nutritious and mineralizing juice
- 2 bunches of celery
- 4-5″ knob of fresh ginger
- 2 organic lemons, with the rind
- 1 large handful dandelion greens
- 1 bunch parsley
- 3 beets, with stems and leaves
- Prepare the produce accordingly.
- Juice in a juicer and consume within 12 hours!
- Refrigerate if storing some for later.
- If preparing in bulk, freeze up to 3 days to maintain freshness.