Thai Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- ½ butternut squash, baked, seeded, cubed (About 1.5 cups – 2 cups cubed butternut squash)
- 1” knob fresh ginger root
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 garlic cloves)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients except coconut milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk, select variable 5, and blend for another 5 seconds.