Here goes again. Another dessert recipe. It’s the Autumn now, and sweet treats seem to be raining from the sky… it starts with Halloween in October and continues on until January hits, when people make those traditional “New Year’s Resolutions” to lose weight, or cut out sugar, or whatever fad “diet” that continues to bypass the root issue of needing a lifestyle shift. It’s a terrible and frustrating cycle… I know because I was in it for enough time to be sick and tired of it. Enjoying sweet foods that are complementary to longterm healthy lifestyle goals is surprisingly easy to do however…. those are the kinds of recipes that I tend to whip up in my kitchen. This particular recipe is inspired by Detoxinista blog, and as soon as they were gone my husband asked me to make them again. So yeah, this recipe belongs on my blog! There is flexibility to make this fully raw vegan by using raw almond butter & cacao powder, and I am working on an oil-free version just for kicks and giggles. Enjoy!
Vegan Freezer Fudge
A Melt-in-Your-Mouth kind of dessert, vegan and paleo with raw option
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or cashew or peanut butter, or a combo to equal 1/2 cup total)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia extract
- Optional additional flavors: cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ground ginger)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a 4×8 pan that is lined with parchment paper. The parchment paper will help with removing from pan when ready to serve.
- Cover tightly and place in freezer for about 40+ minutes, until frozen.
- Enjoy! Store in freezer with a tightly covered lid to avoid freezer burn for up to 2 months, but I doubt they’ll last that long!