I really love the taste of Fall: you know… caramel apples, cinnamon rolls, warm apple cider, soothing chai teas, calming soups, not to mention Pumpkin spice EVERYTHING! As I write this blog post I reminisce on the cooling gusts of breeze from remnants of Hurricane Florence to my home shoreline of the Carolina low country. And with the Autumnal Equinox just around the corner, I really craved a cinnamon sweet-tasting something on this “hurrication” … yet … I also wanted to stay on track with my healing journey based in fresh produce and herbs, so I went to work with experimenting on my Vitamix with some raw wholesome ingredients until I got the perfect dip to fancy my fruit. What came of it was quite tasty, and I think you’ll love this caramel-like treat, featuring just one of the many ways to use dates!
Cinnamon Caramel Dip
Raw Vegan, Oil-Free, Fat-Free
- 20 Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1 and 3/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Soak the medjool dates in the filtered water for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour dates AND water into a high speed blender (like a Vitamix) blend until smooth, roughly 30 seconds.
- Remove lid, and add cinnamon, and blend another 5-10 seconds.
- Pour into pint-sized mason jar. Enjoy warm or cold as a delicious spread or dip for apples, bananas, pears, persimmons, or even carrots!
- Stores in airtight jar in refrigerator for up to 2 or 3 weeks.
- For flavoring balance, you can add the cinnamon and/or other spices gradually until desired taste is reached
- Add 1/4 cup more water if needed.
- A tamper is recommended while blending this dip in a Vitamix… another reason why I love a Vitamix!