My daughter recently earned a Summer Reading prize out our local library. The prize was a Wendy’s Frosty. She looked at the coupon and said “Mom, what’s a Frosty?” Part of my heart sunk…. I realized she had never stepped foot in a Wendy’s! I banned Wendy’s while pregnant with her, as a Wendy’s meal (baked potato and side salad) was the only meal that ever made me throw up during my gestational period with her. But plants have a way of providing us everything we need, without fake fillers, preservatives, refined this and thats, animal by-products, and we still get tasty sweet treats like… a Frosty. … just better…. my daughter asked me to put this recipe on my blog, so here it is!
sorry, Wendy, but this tastes just as good and is dairy free
- 3 ripe, spotted bananas, peeled (You can use frozen bananas, just omit the ice cubes and add a little extra liquid to help blend evenly)
- 3 medjool dates (pits removed), soaked for 15-20 minutes to rehydrate and soften them (smoother consistency in finished product).
- 3-4 Tbsp plant milk (I use Alpha-Omega Milk or Creamy Cashew Milk) If you have weak digestion, you can leave this out and replace with water. Still tastes great!
- Ice (as much as desired)
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- put ingredients except cacao powder in a blender, with the soft bananas and liquid closest to the blade. Blend until smooth, then add the cacao powder.