Pinkalicious is an adorable book series for children that my daughters enjoy. Now, as a mother, I’m always in search of making fresh, nutritious foods an exciting and positive experience for my children, something that most moms hope for their kids! Each smoothie below can coordinate with a different book from this cute book series, and is flexible for varying budgets! The base ingredients alone (before the add-ins) taste wonderful alone and offer important nutrition needed for humans of all ages and stages.
The Pinkalicious Smoothie Series
Roughly serves 1 adult meal, 2 children’s meals, or 2-3 adults’ snacks
- 2 Bananas, ripe!
- 2 cups Mango (could replace with more bananas as well)
- (Dates; optional to increase calories and sweetness… aids the flavor the Emeraldalicious option)
- Water as needed to help with blending
- Ice cubes if using all fresh fruits (I usually use frozen mangos and don’t need ice)
The Add-in Series (coordinating with each book!):
- PINKALICIOUS: (pick one or mix-match)
- Raspberries (our favorite pink!)
- Beet root powder ( 1/2 tsp or so)
- PURPLICIOUS: (pick one or mix-match)
- Wild Blueberries (our favorite purple!)
- Elderberry powder (1/4 – 1/2 tsp)
- EMERALDALICIOUS: (pick one or mix-match)
- Spinach (my kids’ favorite emerald!)
- Parsley (my favorite emerald!)
- Dandelion Greens
- Spirulina powder
- GOLDILICIOUS (pick one or mix-match)
- Eliminate some of the mango and add pineapple! (our family’s favorite gold!)
- Starfruit (skins removed)
Blend ingredients in a high speed power blender until smooth and enjoy! I definitely recommend a Vitamix especially for this recipe. It will crush up the berry seeds and pulverize the greens to create a very smooth texture for the kids!
Not sure if Silverlicious or Aqualicious are feasible but it’s worth imagining possibilities!
Try some combinations out for yourself, whether you have kids or not! Please deviate a bit from my recipes… discover the smoothie soul within you!!! What did you or your child think? Comment below!